• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Care Services

Tameside Council is responsible for most social care services in Tameside.

Adult Services provides help and support for individuals and families in the community to live independent lives. Their services are available to:

  • older people
  • carers
  • people with learning disabilities
  • people with physical or sensory disabilities (including sight loss and hearing loss) and
  • people with mental health issues.

Adult services staff can offer information, advice and support to people who are paying for their own care as well as to people who qualify for formal support from social services.

Care homes - it is advised that you should find out as much as possible, and visit care homes before making a decision.

Services for Children and Young People also provides help and support for children and young people who need care. This includes children with disabilities as well as children who may need looking after (e.g. children who the council needs to place with foster families).

The Care Quality Commission checks all care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website.

We are researching new links to put on this page. Please check back another time to see what we have added.