This page contains links to useful information resources about health and care.
All the information resources linked from this page provide access and support free of charge.
Tameside Hospital has produced a Medicines Formulary for doctors and nurses to use when prescribing medication. They have made this available as a public document. If you have been prescribed medication you can look it up here and see national guidelines for treating the related medical condition. This is not an easy to read site as it contains clinical guidance aimed at health professionals.
If you want patient-focused information you should contact the Health Information Centre at the hospital. They can be contacted by telephone on 0161 922 5332. The Health Information Centre provides the following services:
- Leaflets on all key health conditions
- Details of national and local support groups
- Internet based health information
- Information on services and support provided by Tameside Council
- Information in a range of community languages and other formats
- Staff available to help you find the information you need
Our Healthwatch Champions hold regular sessions around Tameside. The information resource pack they carry includes the following information:-
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Complaints and PALS
- General Health Information
- Mental Health
- Older People - Age UK
- Other Useful Information
- Social Services
There are a number of charities who provide assistance, and links to their websites are provided on the 'Some useful resources' page of our website